Why do so many U.S. scientists continue to lean on the language of apolitical science, even as political leaders display less and less interest in scientists’ claims to expertise, or even the existence of facts? In a new book, Freedom’s Laboratory: The Cold War Struggle for the Soul of Science, historian Audra J. Wolfe suggests the answer lies in Cold war propaganda.
Date and venue
- February 21, 2019
- Marnixzaal, Utrechts Centrum voor de Kunsten
- Domplein 4, 3512 JC Utrecht
- 15:30 – 16:00 hrs Reception with coffee and tea Marnixzaal UCK
- 16:00 – 17:00 hrs 11th Huygens-Descartes Lecture
- 17:00 – 18:00 hrs Drinks in Foyer UCK